Heat exchangers are widely used in large-scale industrial processes, where it’s desired to recover heat released by certain operations, and use it wisely in other processes. Therefore, its application not only applies for cooling, but it’s useful to supply to heat to other processes such as oil refinery, water treatment, beer industry, etc.
GEA FES offers 2 types of heat exchangers:
Shell & Tube Exchangers
Such exchangers are typically used for high pressure applications.
- Cases can be made from 4 “to 64″ diameter with a maximum weight of 100,000 lbs.
- The tubes can be manufactured from carbon steel, copper, cupro-nickel, titanium and stainless steel.
- Standard applications are submerged or thermosyphon evaporators and evaporator cascade type cooled or water.
Plate and Frame Exchangers
This exchanger uses metal plates for transferring heat between two fluids, increasing the heat transfer rate compared with conventional exchangers. These high efficiency and small size exchangers have:
- Great versatility in its applications, working in confined spaces where shell and tube exchangers can not be accommodated.
- Customer can select among a variety of sizes and materials for manufacture.
- Requires less refrigerant charge.
- Compact design